Saturday, April 30, 2011

Snapshot Summary #36



Tuesday
26 - April, 2011


Wednesday
27 - April, 2011
Mary and Keziah worked on their purple quilts together in the AM. Then we had lunch with the Langlois family. When we headed back home Keziah got to come with and Cob got to go canoing the Ezra and Silas. I put the little ones down for naps while the girls cleaned the downstairs for our company. I threw in a batch of cookies when I got downstairs. We really enjoyed getting to know a couple of Emmaus students that were able to come for supper. One of which had helped in the nursery with Chloe during our ladies bible study on Wednesday nights.


Thursday
28 - April, 2011
Ahhhhh! I thought today would be a down day. I planned to have Jacob and Mary do some baking for the bake sale the youth group at church was having tomorrow. My lack of planning sent me leaving Mary in charge while I ran to the store. First, I needed a vehicle. With the van in the shop and Drew's car at his office this meant Drew had to run home. I took him back to work and headed to Sam's Club. From there I went back to his office to pick up Cora Borke as she was coming for the afternoon. I thought I would surprise Abigail (I hadn't told the children in case for some reason her visit fell through), so I told Cora to wait in the car and I am so glad I did. I walked into a house of chaos. Jacob was not minding Mary. I left her in charge while I ran. Poor Mary was crying. Apparently even Abigail had been mean to her. Thankfully the little boys were real good and Chloe too. So by the time Abi brought Cora in the house (and Abi was very excited to see her) things had settled down a bit :). So while Cob finished up the cookies he was baking the girls enjoyed playing dress up. Then I went up and had a short rest with the little boys and Chloe, assigning the other's to quiet time rooms and Abi and Cora to the basement. At 4:30 I took Cora and Abi with me to drop Cora off as I needed to pick up some long awaited items from an Emmaus student. I left Mary in charge again and things went WAY better this time. When I got home we made cinnamon rolls for the bake sale and the older chilren started wrapping some of the items up to sell. They were in bed early so they would be ready to roll for our 7-9 AM shift at the church garage/bake sale!



Friday
29 - April, 2011
 We headed out to help with the garage and bake sale about 6:40 this AM. Mary finished wrapping up bake sale items while Cob sat outside and sold. Abi and I were inside manning the cash box with the help of Ms. Chandler. We had a great time working together and fellowshipping with different brothers and sisters who stopped by for the sale. We sold quite a bit during that first shift, but thankfully were never overwhelmed with the amount of people wanting to buy at the same time. I haven't found out how much we made, but the proceeds are for more chairs for the sanctuary. Helping at the Bake Sale

After the morning shift I headed home so Drew could go to work. Mary and Cob stayed and worked the sale. Drew picked them up for Mary and Abi's orthodontist appointment after which we all met up again for science! While Mrs. Stevenson reviewed the lesson on genetics I helped out with Sophia. Sophia and Katlyn
Sophia and Chloe
After science time there is always some time to play. Spring must be here as dandelions are in bloom! The girls enjoyed making necklaces and crowns.
Then we had lunch. Tonya is an amazing cook. I am always so blessed by whatever she serves. Today we had tacos and awesome raspberry cream pie for dessert!


Saturday
30 - April, 2011
A day at the Vosberg Farm! At 8 weeks Rachel is beautiful. I was blessed to get to hold her several times.

The Hunters Three Cob, Wesley and Baruch
They were trying to rid the farm of nuisance birds and made pretty good headway!

Aren't kitten just CUTE!

No comments:

background image