Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Snapshot Summary #35



Sunday
10 - April, 2010

Drew took all the older children to a bike park while Chloe and I rested. I guess staying up to put the third coat on the bathroom wore me out!



Monday
11 - April, 2010


Wednesday
13 - April, 2010

We had a great time visiting with our friends the Langlois Family!

Thursday
14 - April, 2010
Mrs. Kretz came today and I was happy the children did well.  Their spelling continues to improve so that is a blessing

Friday
15 - April, 2010
Stevenson's came for science today.  We did an experiment to help solidify what we learned about the lymphatic system.  I focused on the fact that the lymph nodes filter out the bad things from the lymph, so for our experiment we sent muddy water through a coffee filter.  I think it will help them remember!
Sunday
17 - April, 2010
Chip is preaching through Ezekiel and this mornings message convicted me on several counts. The main one being the importance of continuing to search, and know scripture. According to 2 Peter 3:16 - 18 some things are hard to understand, but if I am to keep from being destroyed and distorting reality I must be growing in the grace and knowledge of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  It's the word growing that really got me. My growth needs to be continual, day by day.

<< 2 Peter 3 >>
16as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. 17You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, 18but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory, both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

Monday
18 - April, 2010
Mary makes an awesome lentil stew every Monday!

Tuesday
19 - April, 2010
Abigail started a club and passed out the crown to Chloe and breastplates and shields to Baruch and Abram as reward for memorizing scripture for the club.  What a good sister!

Thursday
21 - April, 2010
In anticipation of a busy Friday we got errands and baking out of the way today. Click here to see a video of Chloe helping put away groceries.

Friday
22 - April, 2010

We ate breakfast
As Drew read to us about Christ's Crucifixion from John 19:1 - 30
Then Drew, Cob and Baruch headed to his office to wrap some things up while the rest of us enjoyed some sweet fellowship with sweet friends.
Gracie and Mary (above)  Rachel and Abram (below)  Hannah and Abi were too busy for pictures!
More wonderful fellowship in the evening!  The Tuttle's, a missionary family from Peru came to visit while in Dubuque. 
Drew really enjoyed talking with Micah (who I don't think even noticed Josiah on his shoulders)
We all enjoyed some homemade pizza (Cob made the crusts yesterday!)
After supper we got in some more fellowship!
Javen and Cullen were GREAT face makers!
At the end of the evening the girls were pretty zonkered.  Abigail said "It seems like 3 weeks ago that Hannah and Rachel were here, was that really just this morning."




Saturday
23 - April, 2010


We took a trip to the park and then over to see the river.  Several children wanted to bike.  I for one was glad when Drew said we were taking the van as winds ran high - which was great for kite flying! btw, the river was very high.




Sunday
24 - April, 2010

Chloe Ruth
We celebrated a wonderful Resurrection Day surrounded by our church family at CCDubuque and Drew's parents! Our church had a wonderful fellowship meal which started with the Lord's supper. Mary and Jacob both partook of the Lord's table for the first time, creating a very memorable day!


Baruch William
Abram Glenn
Abigail Ione
Mary Elisabeth

2 comments:

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

I luv reading your snapshots. They are long but good. I'm sure you have to do them like that because you are so busy. I have to do mine within a couple of days and things happening else I forget...lol.

Beth said...

Funny Lisa, as I hit the publish on this update I thought I should get back to doing this weekly. This one has three weeks I think!! Glad you enjoy it anyway :)

background image