Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hope

There are situations and circumstances in life that bring me to the conclusion - it's hopeless, life is without hope, or this person is without hope.  When I believe this, I am believing a lie.  I have been encouraged by Paul's prayers for the Romans "For whatever was written in earlier times was written for our instruction, so that through perseverance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." (15:4) Life holds much hope if I am finding my encouragement in the Scripture. Where do I go when I am hopeless?  Too often, back to bed.  I should be going to God's word.  He is the God of HOPE! He can fill me with joy and peace.  I am so thankful to be filled with His Spirit, to be alive with Christ!  "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." (Romans 15:13) I really wanted to share something besides bloggy - life is all sunshine, roses, lollipops and rainbows. Because life isn't all the smiles we have on our faces in front of the camera, it is hard, but not without hope!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

love....
I keep telling myself the same thing and yet I still open it less than I would like.....

background image