Sunday, June 27, 2010

Six Down, Sixteen to Go

I was so thankful to be able to attend our state home school conference a few weeks ago. While there I had the question posed to me often, "How many years have you home schooled." I was shocked to find myself answering 6 (althought Mary is 12 years old and technically I have schooled her from birth, right). Why did that shock me? So often I feel like I don't know what I am doing!! That is good because I tend to call out on the LORD when I am not sure what I am doing. I realized at the conference that it has taken me this long to fall into a rhythm in my home school. Home schooling is rarely if ever stagnant so I know I will never fall into a perma-routine but I am finally in a bit of a rhythm.

Drew took the kids to the museum while I was gone.
Here's Mary coloring a museum coloring sheet.
The little three played at the park
while the older three had tennis Friday morning.


About three hours before I got home Chloe couldn't take it anymore :(
As much as I enjoyed the conference - I sure hate being away from the family the Lord has blessed me with!

4 comments:

The Horaks said...

Oh my goodness, that last picture of Chloe just speaks volumes! Poor baby! I'm sure they were all so happy to have their mama back!

Tonya said...

Such beautiful kids girl! I know what you mean about years, I have to really stop and count and I went through that a few years ago, wow I am not just a novice now!!
Now I can say 11 years!!

Beth said...

Jenn, thanks again for hosting me! The children were not the only ones happy :) Drew and I missed each other too.

Beth said...

Tonya, 11 years - Wow. You are an inspiration!!

background image