Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Jam Day

We all had such a blast last week at band practice.  Yes, our fiddle lessons have morphed into band practice as Jacob has taken up, first the guitar and then the banjo.  The last lesson of the month we have a jam session in which each child has a turn on the drums.  We have only had jam day 3 times and this is the first one that I would really consider a good jam session.  It was really awesome to be a part of it.  Baruch and I played guitar together, he on my lap, when the others swapped around with the drumming.  Chloe danced in the midst of it all.  We played through a common chord progression.  All sorts of Psalms came rolling through my mind and I was inspired to put them to these unique tunes that were rumbling there as well.  I hope the kids enjoyed it as much as I did.  

Abram on drums

Chloe takes a shot at the drums.

Baruch on drums


Abi on drums

I missed a photo of Mary on drums.  She, kept a very steady beat.  She seemed like a natural drummer to me.

No comments:

background image