Monday, January 11, 2010

Ice Fest

We enjoyed Ice Fest again this year at the River Museum.  There was an arctic presentation that the little ones didn't last for so Drew took them out.  Mary, Cob and I enjoyed it to the end.  Then we all headed outside to play.  They had ice bowling, a sled slide, a tunnel, a stick slide game and there were sculptors working with snow sculpting.  Very nice.  

Waiting for Cob, Mary and I to finish watching the arctic presentation

Oh, they had an ice harvesting presentation which was really informative.  They harvested a big block from the river.  Guess that's why it's called the Ice Harbor :-).  Ice would be packed in the ice barn with saw dust and would stay frozen until July some years!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

I bet that is at the museum between you and me!! What fun. I long for the day I can hang out at that stuff.
:) Cutie kids...:)

background image