Saturday, June 06, 2009

NICHE



Mary, Chloe and I returned from the NICHE (Network of Iowa Christian Home Educators) Conference around 8:30 PM Saturday night.  We left at 6:30 AM on Friday.  What a wonderfully encouraging experience.  In the past when I've attending NICHE I have felt very overwhelmed. . . unable to decide which workshops to go to, curriculum overload, too many people in the halls to navigate, too confusing a layout of the buildings to navigate . . .  I prayed for peace, trust and enjoyment for the two days of sessions and curriculum shopping and the Lord gave me a wonderful time. Every time I would start stressing I would pray.  The weekend could not have been more relaxing and encouraging!  Exhausting yes, yet relaxing and encouraging if that makes sense.  I came away with a strong conviction I need to be "training up my children in the way they should go";  a conviction that discipleship is key in home education, in fact home education IS home discipleship.   I am here, at home with my children for the purpose of instilling in them a love for God Almighty and teaching them of His attributes/character traits.

Highlights:
~ Hearing Voddie Baucham speak.

~ Spending time with Sara and seeing her lovely family.

~ Running into my friend Debbi.

~ Getting to spend one on one time with Mary Elisabeth.

~ Spending time with Jenn, it was short but very sweet.

Here are some pictures of the fun that took place here at the house in our absence.

Drew and the other four children had a nice time while we were away.  Man, am I thankful to be home, surrounded by my lovely tribe!

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

So glad you were able to enjoy the conference so much! I enjoyed our time together too...and having the girls here for part of the day! :)

background image