Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"January, February, March Eighteenth"

I had a wonderful day today. I woke up and started making my bed
when Jacob came in panicked asking me to get back in bed because I
was going to get breakfast in bed. Back in bed I went and rested for
a few minutes before the singing began! The eggs and pancakes were
delicious. It cracked me up to see Baruch look longingly at my
breakfast. Then I noticed he wasn't the only one looking that way.
Between the 6 of us we cleaned the plate in no time at all. Then
came the gifts. Abigail gave me a cup full of treasures (two acorns,
a nickel, a scrap of blue yarn, a pearl necklace, and a prized
rock). Jacob got me a double pack deck of cards which was so
thoughtful as I am constantly asking Mary (the only one with a full
deck, pun intended) if we can use her cards. Mary made me some
lovely crocheted wash clothes and Drew got me a portable DVD player
which he had really gotten me for Valentines Day and my Birthday and I think Mother's Day too, so
it wasn't a huge surprise but I gladly opened it again :-). I told
the kids what I really wanted for my Birthday was to have a day with
no fighting:-). After breakfast and Bible time school went
relatively smooth. After quiet time, while Baruch and Abram were
napping we had Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake, which I made yesterday.
Then finished school and bagged papers. When Drew got home he took
us all out to Red Robin for supper. We had been planning this for a
while. I joined their e-club and received a free entree. Last week
the kids asked me who I was inviting to come over for my Birthday. I
told them I couldn't decide but really it boiled down to. . . it's
expensive enough to take the family out for supper. The Lord
provided Marilyn to help celebrate! We had just ordered when she
walked by our table as she was being seated so we invited her to join
us. Abram was so fun at the resturaunt. The 6+ televisions were
playing a baseball game and he kept pointing and laughing and say
"man run" "man fast" . . . Too precious. Jacob enjoyed the
bottomless supply of french fries. He would have stayed another hour
and eaten them I think. All the kids got the biggest kick out of the
Red Robin mascot that stopped by our table. Jacob laughed and
laughed at it. Hope he didn't give it a complex but we don't get out
much. I am so thankful they truly enjoy such things. When we got
home I opened my birthday package from Aunt Dawnie which was a huge
box full of gifts for EVERYONE! Thank you Aunt Dawnie what a nice
ending to a fantastic Birthday. AND. . . I really did get what I
asked for, everyone was kind to one another (for the most part) today!

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

Happy Birthday!! It was fun to read about your special day! :)

background image