Friday, March 31, 2017

It's Show Time . . . Therefore, It's Costume Construction Time!

Abram and Chloe are in a cute Spanish/English play called Martina y Perez.  Abram is a squirrel and Chloe is one of three children who introduce the show.

I worked on Chloe's costume, as well as one of the other children who do the intro, and here is what I came up with.

$1 dollar head bands I found at Wal Mart with flowers I found at Good Will.  I paid $0.88 for the whole bundle of roses!

Skirt for Chloe was found by the head costume mom at Good Will.  I just had to alter it to fit Chloe!


Here is the other skirt I altered for the other intro girl. She will also wear the red/white rose head band.

Here are the other ideas I have.  These are photos from other peoples blogs and websites that I have visited as I have researched the other costumes I am going to help with. I haven't made any of these yet. Maybe if I have time I will put the finished product in another post. :+)


These are my favorite Squirrel Ears
Inline image 1

And this is my favorite Squirrel tail

Inline image 2

Bunny tail possibility # 1
Inline image 3

Bunny tail possibility #2

Inline image 4
If I use the pom pom idea I would do tan with some brown interspersed in there as the bunny costume is light tan-ish.

Favorite Chipmunk tail
Inline image 5

and if these ears were made of the same fur as the above tail AND made a little smaller these would be my favorite chipmunk ears.

So, it looks like I have a fun weekend of costuming ahead!!!!
Oh AND I would like to sew some white fleece on the front of the grey squirrel shirt and the brown chipmunk shirt! 

No comments:

background image