Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Oatmeal in the Crockpot!

I finally found a crockpot oatmeal recipe that worked for me! I have tried several in the past, always striving to have a cook all night - little to no morning prep breakfast. The ones I have made in the past come out WAY too gooey, like a big sticky blob. This recipe used 6 Cups of water to 2 Cups of steal cut oats. I used a total of 13 1/2 Cups water and 4 1/2 Cups oats and added 3/4 teaspoon sea salt. Right before retiring for the night, I added the ingredients, turned the crock on low put on the lid and woke up to wonderfully creamy oatmeal. After adding 1/2 rapadura, 1 t cinnamon and 1/4 t almond extract it was ready to serve!!! I served it with cranberries on the side as not everyone enjoys them. Everyone really enjoyed breakfast. There were some leftovers so I put them in the blender at 10:00 and added some homemade yogurt and frozen berries for our snack time. Yum, yum fruity smoothy.

Crockpot Oatmeal
13 1/2 Cup Water
4 1/2 Cup Oats
3/4 teaspoon salt
Cook on low in crockpot for 8 to 10 hours.

Stir in
1/2 C rapadura
1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
14 teaspoon almond extract

And Enjoy!!
Serve with nuts and fresh or dried fruit if desired.

No comments:

background image