Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu

I am looking forward to a wonderful day of giving Thanks to the Creator! I love the way Billy G., in the post I linked to earlier today said God's Word is nourishment for the soul. How convicting that I bumble around without it at the forefront of my thoughts every moment. I know I have been used as a tool for Satan as a result. Not wallowing in that, just stating facts. I repent and am thankful for forgiveness, that I don't have to feel guilty continually. By God's grace I can walk in the Spirit, renewing my mind through His word!

We will be nourishing our souls together around God's word, then plan to nourish our bodies with food from the menu below.

Guests: Grandma Ruth, Mrs. R, Marilyn, Laura and her children.



Menu:
turkey
ham
sweet mashed potatoes courtesy - Marilyn
crock pot mashed potatoes - see link below
green salad
stuffing courtesy - Laura
zucchini dish or steamed carrots
Whole wheat dinner rolls (I made them yesterday)
muesli courtesy - Grandma Ruth
cranberry sauce courtesy - Laura
relish tray
homemade vinegar dressing
desserts
pumpkin custard courtesy - Laura
pumpkin pies
grandpa's field bars - see recipe below
plenty of honey sweetened whipped topping :)

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/crockpot-mashed-potatoes-with-cream.html

Grandpa's Field Bars (We had these at Heidi's last Wed. night. They reminded me of Chocolate Revel Bars less the flour + crispy. They were awesome and the kids requested them for Thanksgiving. )
1/2 C butter
1/2 C coconut oil
2 t vanilla
1/4 t salt
2 eggs
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
3 C quick oatmeal
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 T Butter

Melt butter and shortening, transfer to mixing bowl. Add vanilla and salt. Add eggs and mix. Add sugars alternately; mix well. Add oatmeal about 1 C at a time. In a greased 9 X 13 pan put a layer of batter, saving a cup full for topping; set aside. Melt chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter. Spread over the layer. By small pieces of dough, drop the extra dough until all over the pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 F. Cut bars when cold. Enjoy!

No comments:

background image