Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We enjoyed an eventful Labor Day weekend!  Saturday we met Pa, Grandma, Uncle Ron, Aunt Kari, Anna, Andria and Daniel at Central Park.  Pa's canoe made a huge splash with each child.  Even Abram wanted to call Pa on Sunday to thank him for the canoe rides.  What a bummer I forgot my camera.  Maybe Aunt Kari will post some pictures on her blog,  she did remember her camera.  Sunday was spent picking fruit from our fruit trees, making movies and sewing (I am working on a surprise for Abi's birthday - a Nurse Nancy dress.  Ever since we read Summer of the Monkeys Abigail has played "red cross nurse" because the little girl in the story nurses Jay-berry when he is sick).  Monday we cleaned out the van, froze pears and Drew and Cob mowed the yard.  Then some neighbors came down and played for a bit.  I mentioned to their Mom that I am looking for someone to do the paper route when we go on vacation.  I am so excited - she said she would do the route for me Mon - Fri.!  This is a huge answer to prayer.  Then Mon. afternoon Pa and Grandma stopped by on their way home from Galena.  They had some friends along and we all went to Eagle Point Park for a walk before they headed home!

No comments:

background image