Saturday, May 02, 2009

Goals Renewed

Keeping my baby fat off has been harder than I expected.  I was hoping this post would be all about how successfully I got down to my goal weight and have been maintaining ever since.  I don't know what I thought, a life time of sinful indulgence would zip out of my life struggle free!  I reached my goal weight after a gull bladder attack (which involved vomiting), but didn't stay there long.  I gained four pounds back and maintained that weight for two and a half months.  Since then I have steadily gained a pound a week.  Doesn't sound like much?  It IS!  Especially if this keeps up.  I am reviewing what I did to lose my original forty-five pounds in order to get back down there!  Here goes.  

I journaled every bite - that's right, I wrote every food I ate down in an effort to keep my calories to what sparkpeople recommended.  

I prayed when feeling tempted to overindulge.  (I prayed a lot!  Prayer is awesome)

I did not deny myself treats - even daily treats - as long as I wrote them down and kept in my calorie goal.

I strove to eat more fresh vegetables.

I drank a quart of water for every fifty pounds of body weight.

KEY - I weighed myself every Friday morning at as close to 7:30 as possible and recorded my weight on the calendar.  (I just wrote the number and for the most part nobody even noticed it there despite the orange marker I chose as a writing utencil).

I have worked out on and off, very inconsistently but every bit helps.

I cut out late night snacks.  I tend to be a late night person but I managed to NOT snack after 9 PM and I am sure it helped.

That's it.  Ah I am glad I wrote all that down.  It sounds so manageable, so why am I struggling?  Hopefully this will motivate me again!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

God bless you girl! I thought I would be waaaay down by now here in May but alas..it is not so. I think all you wrote down is excellent!! Praise the Lord. I have been doing THE LORD'S TABLE and have been so blessed in this God glorifying study that focuses on the Lord while you learn self discipline in eating...I am feeling so blessed. Let's encourage one another and hold each other accountable as we leave our past sinful behaviors behind us with His help!! :)

Here is a verse I am going to write down and carry with me and when I am tempted I will pray and meditate on this.
Love you sister....from your fellow struggler...
www.settingcaptivesfree.com

Tonya said...

OOps, here is the verse..:)


21 But You, O GOD the Lord,

Deal with me for Your name's sake;

Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.

22 For I am poor and needy,

And my heart is wounded within me.

23 I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;

I am shaken off like a locust.

24 My knees are weak through fasting,

And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.

The Tribe said...

Tonya, Thanks for the verse and link. Meditation is key to growing in the Lord and having victory over sin! I am checking out The Lord's Table Bible study. Press on!

background image