Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mary's Birthday

We all enjoyed Mary's Birthday Celebration at Uncle Ron and Aunt
Kari's. Aunt Kari took some family pictures when we first arrived
(hopefully we will send one out for Christmas). The weather
cooperated perfectly. Then Mary opened her gifts. The truth in
God's Word, "It is more blessed to give than to receive" shone in the
eyes of the givers. Next Drew, Ron, Bill and the boys headed over to
Luke and Anna's prospective home while the girls and I played "Five
Crowns" - Mary's gift from Jacob. After a lovely taco supper we sang
"Happy Birthday" and had Carrot Cake, Almond Bars, Cup Cakes and ice
cream! We headed home about 7PM with a van full of worn out kids.
Unfortunately Chloe cried almost the entire hour drive home. Hope
you enjoy the pictures below.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beth-- Hi. My name is Jennifer and I graduated from Linn-Mar with your husband Drew. I found him on facebook through some linn-mar folks, who are planning the 20th (21) year reunion.

Wow -- your husband directed me to your blog. Amazing similarities... I get the No Greater Joy magazine in the mail. Ü I too am a sinner saved by grace. Praise God!

What fun to learn about your family. We only have 5 kiddos -- but if we go to the reunion... I bet they play well together. You know how we home school families are... so unsocial. ;)

I read about your smoothie post -- I do make smoothies... but haven't tried kefer yet. (Can't even spell it properly, firefox tried helping... but it sure isn't reefer) LOL Well -- I think I'll subscribe to your blog. What fun that would be to read, and perhaps finally meet you next summer. The Lord willing.

Unknown said...

Oh my word... I grabbed my year book. Drew Tuecke... voted Most Congenial. LOL NOW I remember Drew. Is he still congenial?

The Horaks said...

Happy Birthday Mary!! I enjoyed all the pictures! :)

background image