Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Photo taken by Cob

I am ashamed at how much weight I gained during my pregnancy with
Chloe. I really used the pregnancy as a license to eat whenever and
whatever I wanted. Toward the middle of my pregnancy I started
working out but never cut back on the treats. It is no wonder that
on July 1st I weighed 200 pounds! I called out to the Lord, confessed
my lack of self control and asked for grace to lose some weight. I
logged in to www.sparkpeople.com and started journalling every bite I
ate. I also started working out 10-20 minutes 3-6 days a week, increased my
water intake to 10-14 cups a day (nursing moms need lots of water)
and looked forward to honoring the Lord in my food choices. I go to
Emmaus once a week to weigh in as having a scale in the house could
be detrimental. At my weigh in last Aug. 29th I was 177! Here I am
in the outfit I purchased to celebrate. I desire to shed a few more
pounds and will give glory to God when I do!

3 comments:

HopiQ said...

Yay!!! You are such an encouragement as I am struggling in this area as well. You are so right...it IS a spiritual battle. And the Lord has another opportunity to give help and receive glory. Thank you so much for the reminder. One of my dear friends and I are starting this week to weekly get together to do a walking DVD together. I'm excited!

Rita said...

Beth, you look great. Keep up the good work!

~Lisa, Scot, & Tim said...

You go girl! What an encouragement that is. I've been struggling with my weight too after having Timmy. I'm also working on losing the extra pounds. Btw, could you email me and tell me what I need to do to add the Family and Friends section to my blog page? Thanks!

background image