Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day

We enjoyed the fireworks up at the cemetery again this year.  The kids were a bit more mellow than past years.  We planned ahead and staked out our area which worked well and the rain never came. Last year we walked home in a DOWNPOUR!  Drew gave Mary and Jacob another tennis lesson this morning.  I took the little ones over to the playground.  After a half hour lesson I headed back over to be whooped once again.  I did better today though and won the first game.  I am feeling my age and am a bit sore.  After the lesson we went to The Dubuque County Historical Society's 44th annual Ice Cream Social AND can you believe we didn't get any ICE CREAM!  We did each get a pork sandwich.  The event takes place at the Mathias Ham House and there were all kinds of historic exhibits.  A one room school house exhibit, a log cabin with ladies answering questions, a lead mine exhibit, a coppersmith exhibit and a sailor showing his uniform and weaponry.  The beautiful weather enhanced our enjoyment.  After naps and quiet time (I didn't sleep) Drew took the older kids raspberry picking.  I thought I would come after Chloe woke up alas I was so tired when she woke up I fed her and we both fell SOUND asleep in the recliner!  Of course Drew took tons of pictures so if you have time take a look.

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the Fourth! Loved all the pictures!

background image