Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Good Use For Dish Towels

For several years we have needed a shade on our front picture
window. Every night at supper time someone is blinded by the setting
sun. Generally I have a table cloth or sheet around that we drape
over the valence. When Drew's Mom brought some kitchen towels I
thought they were way too nice to be used (abused) in the kitchen
when an idea struck! The next time I had the sewing machine out (to
hem dress sleeves for Mary and do a few mending projects) I whipped
them together. These clean cheery curtains make a nice replacement
to the old faded ones I made about 7 years ago. Getting the sewing
machine out inspired Mary and Jacob to sew a few projects of their
own. Mary made a purse and Cob a few sword sheaths and some Indian
loin cloths.

No comments:

background image