Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heat Wave and Mudsville

We have had a wonderful wave of warmer weather! The high today was 49. WAHOO! Yesterday was real similar. I started feeling better Tuesday night when we all took a walk for Mary and Jacob's paper route. Wednesday morning I woke up and had a shower (little side note here. Some of you may be thinking shower, isn't that a daily occurrence? This is often not so in the life of a mother! I honestly was trying to remember when my last shower was. . . So this is why I blog I had a shower, it is BIG news) Wednesday morning I woke up and had a shower and went in for an ultrasound and baby check. Everything looks good. She was moving all around and measured according to my due date. The other baby was still visible but smaller and the midwife seemed satisfied with everything. I felt so good all day Wednesday. Mary and Jacob got more school done than they have in weeks! And I got the cleaning bug and everyone helped me clean my room. Then when Drew got home we all took a walk and finished the route. Today I am paying for overdoing a bit yesterday but am so thankful to be feeling so so good. After naps everyone went outside and played in the mud. They had a blast. Jacob dug a pit in the yard and they had a system of hauling water from the gutter to the pit. "Mom mom, come and see our pond. Mom come and see it now." Jacob was in charge of digging a canal to the pond, Mary hauling water from the curb where the melting snow is proving a steady stream, Abigail in charge of filing the buckets to keep Mary in supply, Baruch was in charge of measuring the depth of the pond and Abram just enjoyed the fresh air. We had our second week of Bible study and it went really well. Aunt Judy and Miss Johnson came and watched the children. It sounds like they had a nice time of playing, singing and praying. Above and below are some pictures of when we were sick.

1 comment:

The Horaks said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!! Enjoy the Spring weather! :)

background image