Friday, January 26, 2007

God's Perfect Timing


Angela came Thursday
Originally uploaded by thetribetalk.

It was a normal Thursday. We had done our chores, spent time reading the Bible together, eaten lunch. Baruch and Abram were sleeping, the piano teacher arrived and started lessons with Cob. At 4 PM Abigail and I were in the middle of making an apple pie when I heard Baruch scream upstairs. I ran up and carried him down. I checked his hernia and pushed and pushed but couldn't get it to go back in. I gave him some tylenol and rocked him and read to him. He screamed on and off until 5:00 when I called Drew. He asked me to call the Dr. and he called a baby-sitter. We left the baby-sitter and piano teacher who had finished teaching Mary and Gail by then to eat and headed to the emergency room. The Dr. pushed and wrenched on Baruch's hernia until he got it back in, then said he would schedule surgery for the next morning at 7:30. The pediatrician came and gave him the okay for surgery saying his cold sounded MUCH better. Angela (the baby-sitter who is more like one of the family) spent the night so both Drew and I along with Baruch and Abram of course were off at the break of day.

I posted a bunch of pictures below that tell the story of Baruch's surgery. I am thanking the Lord for His perfect timing in all of this. He knows what we can handle and when we can handle it. Over time Baruch's hernia popped out more and more frequently and seemed to increase in pain with each popping. The night before surgery it popped out at 10 :00 and again at 2:30 AM. The 2:30 episode lasted until 4 AM. Drew was so awesome holding Baruch and telling him stories of when Uncle Scott had his hernia surgery. I nominate Drew for "The Best Father of the Year" award for this selfless act of loving kindness.

No comments:

background image