Wednesday, September 13, 2006

You Have Heard of Bird Watching. . . BUT Bird Catching!

The picture posted August 26 (Jacob Caught a Bird) shows the first in a series of birds that Cob caught and released. When asked how he catches them he replies he corners them in the garage. He says when he first began catching birds he used gloves because he was afraid the bird might bite and snap him. Now after several successful catches he amazingly catches them bare handed. "I'm not afraid of them anymore because the last time one bit me and it didn't hurt too bad. Jacob catches them and releases them within hours for the sake of the creature. When asked what he is learning from catching these birds he says I am learning the types of birds and the accent of each whistle. I am also learning how they signal to each other and that I can talk to them and they don't know I am a human and can easily catch them.

No comments:

background image