Thursday, April 27, 2006

Delicacies

Drew received a batch of morel mushrooms from someone he did some financial counsel with. We were all so excited to be cooking them up for breakfast this morning. Drew explained how you hunt for the mushrooms. He defined them as a delicacy and told the kids how much work it was to find and pick them. Oh they tasted so good dipped in egg, breaded in crumbs and fried in butter. I was frying away while the kids did their morning chores. Every batch I finished the kids would come and eat fresh of the serving platter. We never even had a chance to sit down to a "real" meal. After the 4th batch Mary said " I think I ate to many, but they taste so good." At that point she stopped eating them. A few minutes later she said "My body is not made for delicacies." About 10 minutes after that I had to abandon my post and lay down. I'm not sure whether Mary and I ate too many but about 20 minutes after the indulgence I regurgitated mine. Mary followed me by about 5 minutes. Drew and Jacob never did get sick and the others didn't eat any to speak of.

No comments:

background image